About PDQ Manufacturing, Inc.
To be the foundation for successful vehicle wash operators by delivering innovative and dependable cleaning systems with superior support, worldwide.
- The clear customer choice worldwide.
- Be a responsible and trusted member of the community.
- Foster rewarding and fulfilling work environments.
- Lead in efficient use of the world's resources.
- Collaborative Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Winning Through Customers
- High Ethical Standards, Openness and Trust
- Expectations for Results
- Respects and Values People
PDQ has been an operator-driven company since its inception. William "Red" Lewis, founder of PDQ, began in the vehicle wash industry as an operator in 1967. Never satisfied with the wash equipment of the times, he constantly experimented and built his own versions of wash components.
In 1984, Red teamed with touch-free pioneer Forrest Burton and produced the legendary Burton Follower® Arch. It was the first robotic arch to closely follow the contours and shape of any vehicle. Also during this time, Allen Jones of Pacific Car Wash Company in New Zealand had created a touch-free in-bay automatic car wash called LaserWash®. He later would move his business to Chicago, IL, where he would meet Red at a trade show.
By 1985, Red had developed a complete line of touch-free car wash equipment under the name of Carefree™ Vehicle Wash Equipment. Shortly thereafter, Red expanded his manufacturing business and changed its company name to PDQ, reflecting the company's highest standards in Performance, Dependability, and Quality.
In 1989, PDQ merged with Pacific Car Wash Company and began production of the LaserWash 4000. This vehicle wash system would become the standard for touch-free in-bay car washing and prove to be a workhorse in the undustry until its retirement from production in 2007.
In 1998, PDQ announced the sale of PDQ Manufacturing to Dover Corporation, who acquires highly specialized manufacturing companies who are leaders in their respective industries. PDQ also gained ISO 9001 certification that year, one of the highest recognitions for quality of standards in materials, equipment, support services, and product testing.
In the spring of 2000, PDQ rolled-out the greatest advancement in vehicle wash equipment to date, the LaserWash® G5. Nearly five years in research and development, PDQ applied for seven unique patents on the "G5" (fifth generation) recognizing its unparalleled resource efficiency, user-friendliness, and reliability.
PDQ's commitment to continuous product innovation and the development of value-added technologies lead to the introduction of the LaserWash® G5 S-Series and Access® Customer Management System in 2003.
In early 2005, PDQ introduced the LaserWash M5, the successor to the unmatched LaserWash 4000. The M5 incorporates newer technologies and more advanced features that make your in-bay automatic more efficient, more reliable and even easier to use.
In the spring of 2007, PDQ launched Tandem™, a hybrid car wash system that incorporates both touch free and friction cleaning technologies using a dual-bridge, dual-brush design. Tandem has the largest top brush in the industry and provides a superior clean over typical three and five brush machines, giving operators an edge over the competition.
On September 23, 2009, PDQ hosted an industry-first live webcast event of the unveiling of the LaserWash® 360. This new machine utilizes a Smart 360™ Technology package that allows it to adjust to dynamic conditions within the wash bay, increasing uptime and optimizing the wash process. The machine design was based on owner feedback and key goals of providing both enhanced revenue and lowering the total cost of ownership for the owner.
At the Car Wash Show in the spring of 2012, PDQ unveiled its latest in-bay automatic, the ProTouch® ICON. The ProTouch ICON is a new three-brush gantry-style system that offers superior aesthetics, a larger wash envelope, next generation brush control precision, amazing illumination packages and revenue generating features that are synonymous with all PDQ car wash equipment.
Today, PDQ continues its global leadership role as the world's largest manufacturer of touch free vehicle wash systems. PDQ brands include LaserWash® Touchfree In-Bay Automatic Vehicle Wash Systems, ProTouch® Friction In-Bay Automatic Vehicle Wash Systems, LaserH2O® Reverse Osmosis Systems, Access® Customer Management System and MaxAir™ Dryers.
Since 1984, PDQ Manufacturing, Inc. has defined innovation in the vehicle wash industry.
Careers @ PDQ
Technical Service Representative
PDQ Manufacturing, Inc. is currently seeking a Technical Service Representative. This position will be responsible for providing technical support to our customers and distributors.Read More
PDQ Manufacturing, Inc. is currently seeking a Quality Engineer who will lead activities to continually improve the quality and reliability of PDQ products from product development to after sales support. Read More
PDQ is proud to be a great place to work and we're committed to maintaining a positive and productive environment. Not only does PDQ provide competitive and comprehensive salary and benefit packages, but we also foster a PDQ Culture where employees can contribute, develop, thrive, and have fun!
PDQ strives to maintain an environment that is both enjoyable and productive. Because of this PDQ coordinates programs that recognize employee achievements and encourages employee participation in company sponsored activities. We demonstrate this commitment by sponsoring and providing:
- Fun Activities for Employees - PDQ coordinates and sponsors fun events on a regular basis for employees. Examples of some of these activities include friendly department competitions, company outings to sporting events and employee appreciation activities. Some activities that the employees join in are connected with charitable fundraisers.
- Service Recognition Program - This program acknowledges employees who reach significant service anniversaries. The employee receives a gift, is presented with a framed certificate at our All-Employee meetings, and is recognized in our bimonthly newsletter.
- Company Summer Picnic - PDQ consistently enjoys a great turnout for our summer picnic, with many employees and family members joining in the fun. This event has been the highlight of PDQ's summer activities.
- Company Holiday Party - PDQ has the holiday spirit! We provide a great evening of fun, food, and celebration.
- Production Milestones - We celebrate achievements of significant milestones in the course of our business with catered luncheons for our employees.
- Pot Luck Lunches - Our employees really enjoy food, and we're always looking for good excuses to pull a potluck lunch together! Our employees love bringing in their favorite recipes and sharing a lunch together during the workday. Often collections are taken for various charities the company sponsors.
- "Ice Cream Sundae" Day - Just for the heck of it! Everybody loves an ice cream break!
- Community Support - We promote and coordinate involvement in fundraising activities for charitable organizations in the community.
- Safety Excellence - PDQ is fortunate to have an excellent safety record year after year due to our employees that are dedicated to thinking and working safely.
- Health & Wellness - PDQ has been proactive in educating the employees on their health. We have an RN and NP on-site weekly, to assist employees and spouses in managing their health. Additionally, each year PDQ pays for a Health Risk Assessment for each employee. PDQ also has a tobacco-free campus, pays for employee's annual flu shots, sponsors participation in local runs/walks, and has fun health competitions, all to encourage employees to live their healthiest life.
- Charitable Donations Program - PDQ is committed to supporting its community and encouraging employees' charitable giving. On behalf of its employees, PDQ donates to various local charities and organizations throughout the year. In addition to this, PDQ encourages its employees to submit a "Charitable Donations Request Form" if they would like PDQ to make a donation to a charity or organization in their name. PDQ will support initiatives that provide benefits to the local communities and to organizations that meet important community needs.
- Take Your Child To Work Day - PDQ participates in this national event annually, where children of PDQ employees have a fun day learning more about our business, and meeting with employees that work in fields that are of interest to them.
Our Commitment to Employees
PDQ globally markets the highest quality vehicle wash systems, and we view our employees as our most valuable asset. Our Commitment to Employees provides an environment that is enjoyable, safe, and friendly. Experience the PDQ commitment and become an important part of our world-class, hometown team! PDQ demonstrates its commitment to our employees by:
- Providing an exceptional work environment that is clean and boasts an excellent safety record.
- Providing a competitive wage/salary.
- Providing extensive new hire orientation and training, including written work instructions and procedures for performing job tasks.
- Providing a formal method of performance feedback through annual performance review meetings.
- Providing paid time off, with the option to purchase additional vacation.
- Providing 8½ paid holidays annually.
- Providing paid funeral leave.
- Providing jury duty pay for employees summoned for jury duty.
- Providing condensed hours during May, June, July, and August and September. This allows the employee to work 40 hours in 4.5 days.
- Providing a comprehensive benefit package at affordable prices. Our benefits package includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Section 125 Flex Plan, Health Savings Accounts, 401(k) with company match and potential annual profit sharing amount split equally amongst all participants.
- Providing opportunities for advancement through established internal job posting procedures.
- Promoting continual learning through Employee Education Assistance program and training opportunities.
- Providing confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services at no cost to employees to deal with personal issues such as relationship counseling, depression, self-improvement, financial counseling, and any other issues that can affect employees.
- Providing a business casual work environment for office personnel, plus casual days two times per week.
- Both PDQ and Dover Corporation provide the opportunity for children of PDQ employees that are graduating high school seniors or currently enrolled in college to receive Student Scholarships to help fund their higher education.
- We have a partnership with PCM Credit Union to offer banking benefits and home and auto discounts through Liberty Mutual.
- Free Carwashes!!
- COMMUNICATING, Communicating, and communicating:
- We hold company-wide All-Employee Meetings on a monthly basis, where the President provides a "state of the business" update, communicates upcoming company activities, and any other business-related information. We offer a "Q&A" opportunity at the end of each meeting to field employee questions or concerns in an open forum.
- "Lunch with the President" is designed for employees to have an opportunity to express any thoughts or concerns with the President of PDQ in a small group atmosphere while enjoying lunch on PDQ.
- We work on an open door policy - a supervisors door is always open to an employee. We find that this is usually the most effective way to deal with a problem and it ensures employee's questions or concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- We write and distribute a bimonthly newsletter to employees to ensure timely communication of information between two facilities and our outside sales force. We use this to celebrate promotions, recognize birthdays and anniversaries, acknowledge significant accomplishments, as well as entertain and educate employees on a wide variety of topics.
PDQ In The News
De Pere, WI – July 28, 2014 – As part of its ongoing campaign to support the charitable work of organizations that serve local residents, PDQ Manufacturing, Inc., an industry-leading manufacturer of in-bay automatic vehicle wash systems, is honored to announce that it has made a $5,000 donation to the Make-A-Wish® Foundation of Wisconsin. The amount was equaled through a matching-grant initiative created by the Dover Foundation, which is the philanthropic arm of PDQ's parent company, Dover Corporation, for a total donation of $10,000. The Dover Foundation was created in 2011 as a way to help support not-for-profit organizations, causes and/or projects that benefit the local communities in which its operating companies are located.
This is the third consecutive year that PDQ and the Dover Foundation have made a donation to Make-A-Wish of Wisconsin, which grants the wishes of children who have been diagnosed with life-threatening medical conditions. Specifically, this year's donations will help make the wishes of two ill Wisconsin children come true:
- Alyssa, a teenager diagnosed with cystic fibrosis, will see her wish of traveling to Italy with her family fulfilled
- Steven, a three-year-old diagnosed with hypoplastic left heart syndrome, a congenital heart defect, experienced his wish of traveling to the Walt Disney World® Resort with his family
"We are pleased that for the third straight year we are able to make this charitable donation to Make-A-Wish of Wisconsin," said Andrea Brazeau, HR Generalist for PDQ Manufacturing. "The opportunity and ability to give back to the local communities in which we operate is very important to PDQ, Dover Corporation, and its employees, and we consider it an honor to be able to partner with such well-respected organizations like the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin."
For more information about PDQ Manufacturing, please visit www.pdqinc.com. For more information on the Make-A-Wish® Foundation of Wisconsin, please visit www.wisconsin.wish.org. For more information about Dover Corporation and the Dover Foundation, please visit www.dovercorporation.com.
De Pere, WI – January 31, 2014 – PDQ Manufacturing, Inc., an industry-leading manufacturer of in-bay automatic vehicle wash systems, was a recent stop on Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker's Blueprint For Prosperity Tour. Walker visited PDQ after announcing the state's $911 million surplus and the intention to direct some of those funds to train skilled workers in great manufacturing jobs at facilities like PDQ.
At the PDQ plant, Walker told workers that the surplus was generated by a stronger-than-expected economic recovery. "Wisconsin's manufacturing job growth is strong, and thanks to companies like PDQ Manufacturing, it's getting stronger," Walker said.
"We are honored that Governor Walker choose our facility here at PDQ to visit and discuss the points for his Blueprint For Prosperity," said Mike Savignac, President of PDQ. "I believe PDQ represents the type of commitment to manufacturing that the people of Wisconsin can call their own. We are very proud of our products and the workers who dedicate themselves to creating those products every day."
For the past 30 years, PDQ has provided the car wash industry with cutting-edge technological advances in car wash equipment and car wash systems, including the first contouring arch and the Virtual Treadle. PDQ is the industry leader in in-bay automatic wash systems with its ProTouch® ICON and ProTouch® Tandem brands. PDQ's LaserWash® touchless wash systems offer customers outstanding results in many variations. PDQ also manufactures related equipment such as dryers, customer manager systems, loyalty programs and water pretreatment operations.
For more information about PDQ Manufacturing, please visit www.pdqinc.com.
De Pere, WI – November 15, 2013 – PDQ Manufacturing, Inc., an industry-leading manufacturer of in-bay automatic vehicle wash systems, is proud to announce Tony Smith has joined the company as Vice President of Sales – Auto Dealer Sector. In this role, Smith will be responsible for growing sales efforts in the automotive dealer market. He will report to Gerry Hanrahan, Senior Vice President of Sales for PDQ.
With almost 20 years of experience in account development, sales management, marketing, and customer relationships focused specifically in the automotive dealer market, Smith brings a solid background to PDQ. Prior to joining PDQ, Smith was responsible for development of Sales and Marketing strategy for all OEM dealership equipment throughout the United States for Snap-on Equipment in Conway, AR.
In 2012, PDQ launched the LaserWash AutoXpress, an affordable wash system designed specifically for automotive dealers. The LaserWash AutoXpress features advanced touch-free wash technology that delivers a quick, superior clean with the ability to wash up to 23 vehicles an hour, even the largest SUVs and trucks, including duallys.
"I am very excited to add Tony to the PDQ team. With his comprehensive knowledge of the auto dealer sector, Tony will complement our already strong sales team," said Hanrahan. "This will help strengthen our efforts to maximize sales in the automotive industry."
Smith's previous work experience includes SPX Corporation and Snap-on Equipment, among others. Smith holds a Bachelor's Degree from Baker College in Auburn Hills, MI, where he majored in Business Administration.
For more information about PDQ Manufacturing, please visit www.pdqinc.com.
De Pere, WI – August 16, 2013 – PDQ Manufacturing, Inc., an industry-leading manufacturer of in-bay automatic vehicle wash systems, is proud to announce that for the fourth consecutive year it has made a charitable donation to the Service League of Green Bay's Back-To-School Store program. The Service League of Green Bay is a charitable organization that aims to meet the physical, educational and emotional needs of the children of Brown County by providing volunteer hours and financial support.
Each year, the Back-To-School Store program, which was founded in 1993 and is celebrating its 20th anniversary this summer, provides more than 1,500 elementary-school children in grades K-5 in Brown County with the tools to succeed in the classroom. Each child receives a backpack full of various school items and clothing, including:
- A pair of jeans
- A brand-new shirt
- Athletic shoes
- One package of underwear
- One package of socks
- A backpack
- Essential school supplies
- Storybook of their choice
- Dental screening
- Vision screening
Additionally, this year the Back-To-School Store program is donating 1,500 backpacks filled with school supplies to local agencies that will distribute them to area students in grades 6-8.
In 2010, PDQ created a new charitable-donation policy for its employees. This policy allocates money to each employee with those funds able to be disbursed to charities on their behalf. As part of that policy, PDQ makes periodic donations to local charitable organizations, such as the Service League of Green Bay's Back-To-School Store program.
Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues of $8 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, specialty systems and support services through four major operating segments: Energy, Engineered Systems, Fluids, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for nearly 60 years, our team of 28,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible.
Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under . Additional information is available at www.dovercorporation.com.