About PDQ Manufacturing, Inc.
To be the foundation for successful vehicle wash operators by delivering innovative and dependable cleaning systems with superior support, worldwide.
- The clear customer choice worldwide.
- Be a responsible and trusted member of the community.
- Foster rewarding and fulfilling work environments.
- Lead in efficient use of the world's resources.
- Collaborative Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Winning Through Customers
- High Ethical Standards, Openness and Trust
- Expectations for Results
- Respects and Values People
PDQ has been an operator-driven company since its inception. William "Red" Lewis, founder of PDQ, began in the vehicle wash industry as an operator in 1967. Never satisfied with the wash equipment of the times, he constantly experimented and built his own versions of wash components.
In 1984, Red teamed with touch-free pioneer Forrest Burton and produced the legendary Burton Follower® Arch. It was the first robotic arch to closely follow the contours and shape of any vehicle. By 1985, they developed a complete line of touch-free car wash equipment under the name of Carefree™ Vehicle Wash Equipment.
Shortly thereafter, Red expanded his manufacturing business, introduced the LaserWash® product line, and changed its company name to PDQ, reflecting the company's highest standards in Performance, Dependability, and Quality.
In 1998, PDQ announced the sale of PDQ Manufacturing to Dover Corporation, who acquires highly specialized manufacturing companies who are leaders in their respective industries. PDQ also gained ISO 9001 certification that year, one of the highest recognitions for quality of standards in materials, equipment, support services, and product testing.
In the spring of 2000, PDQ rolled-out the greatest advancement in vehicle wash equipment to date, the LaserWash® G5. Nearly five years in research and development, PDQ applied for seven unique patents on the "G5" (fifth generation) recognizing its unparalleled resource efficiency, user-friendliness, and reliability.
PDQ's commitment to continuous product innovation and the development of value-added technologies lead to the introduction of the LaserWash® G5 S-Series and Access® Customer Management System in 2003.
In early 2005, PDQ introduced the LaserWash M5, the successor to the unmatched LaserWash 4000. The M5 incorporates newer technologies and more advanced features that make your in-bay automatic more efficient, more reliable and even easier to use.
In the spring of 2007, PDQ launched Tandem™, a hybrid car wash system that incorporates both touch free and friction cleaning technologies using a dual-bridge, dual-brush design. Tandem has the largest top brush in the industry and provides a superior clean over typical three and five brush machines, giving operators an edge over the competition.
On September 23, 2009, PDQ hosted an industry-first live webcast event of the unveiling of the LaserWash® 360. This new machine utilizes a Smart 360™ Technology package that allows it to adjust to dynamic conditions within the wash bay, increasing uptime and optimizing the wash process. The machine design was based on owner feedback and key goals of providing both enhanced revenue and lowering the total cost of ownership for the owner.
At the Car Wash Show in the spring of 2012, PDQ unveiled its latest in-bay automatic, the ProTouch® ICON. The ProTouch ICON is a new three-brush gantry-style system that offers superior aesthetics, a larger wash envelope, next generation brush control precision, amazing illumination packages and revenue generating features that are synonymous with all PDQ car wash equipment.
Today, PDQ continues its global leadership role as the world's largest manufacturer of touch free vehicle wash systems. PDQ brands include LaserWash® Touchfree In-Bay Automatic Vehicle Wash Systems, ProTouch® Friction In-Bay Automatic Vehicle Wash Systems, LaserH2O® Reverse Osmosis Systems, Access® Customer Management System and MaxAir™ Dryers.
Since 1984, PDQ Manufacturing, Inc. has defined innovation in the vehicle wash industry.
Careers @ PDQ
There are no available open positions at this time.
PDQ is proud to be a great place to work and we're committed to maintaining a positive and productive environment. Not only does PDQ provide competitive and comprehensive salary and benefit packages, but we also foster a PDQ Culture where employees can contribute, develop, thrive, and have fun!
PDQ strives to maintain an environment that is both enjoyable and productive. Because of this PDQ coordinates programs that recognize employee achievements and encourages employee participation in company sponsored activities. We demonstrate this commitment by sponsoring and providing:
- Fun Activities for Employees - PDQ coordinates and sponsors fun events on a regular basis for employees. Examples of some of these activities include friendly department competitions, company outings to sporting events and employee appreciation activities. Some activities that the employees join in are connected with charitable fundraisers.
- Service Recognition Program - This program acknowledges employees who reach significant service anniversaries. The employee receives a gift, is presented with a framed certificate at our All-Employee meetings, and is recognized in our bimonthly newsletter.
- Company Summer Picnic - PDQ consistently enjoys a great turnout for our summer picnic, with many employees and family members joining in the fun. This event has been the highlight of PDQ's summer activities.
- Company Holiday Party - PDQ has the holiday spirit! We provide a great evening of fun, food, and celebration.
- Production Milestones - We celebrate achievements of significant milestones in the course of our business with catered luncheons for our employees.
- Pot Luck Lunches - Our employees really enjoy food, and we're always looking for good excuses to pull a potluck lunch together! Our employees love bringing in their favorite recipes and sharing a lunch together during the workday. Often collections are taken for various charities the company sponsors.
- "Ice Cream Sundae" Day - Just for the heck of it! Everybody loves an ice cream break!
- Community Support - We promote and coordinate involvement in fundraising activities for charitable organizations in the community.
- Safety Excellence - PDQ is fortunate to have an excellent safety record year after year due to our employees that are dedicated to thinking and working safely.
- Health & Wellness - PDQ has been proactive in educating the employees on their health. We have an RN and NP on-site weekly, to assist employees and spouses in managing their health. Additionally, each year PDQ pays for a Health Risk Assessment for each employee. PDQ also has a tobacco-free campus, pays for employee's annual flu shots, sponsors participation in local runs/walks, and has fun health competitions, all to encourage employees to live their healthiest life.
- Charitable Donations Program - PDQ is committed to supporting its community and encouraging employees' charitable giving. On behalf of its employees, PDQ donates to various local charities and organizations throughout the year. In addition to this, PDQ encourages its employees to submit a "Charitable Donations Request Form" if they would like PDQ to make a donation to a charity or organization in their name. PDQ will support initiatives that provide benefits to the local communities and to organizations that meet important community needs.
- Take Your Child To Work Day - PDQ participates in this national event annually, where children of PDQ employees have a fun day learning more about our business, and meeting with employees that work in fields that are of interest to them.
Our Commitment to Employees
PDQ globally markets the highest quality vehicle wash systems, and we view our employees as our most valuable asset. Our Commitment to Employees provides an environment that is enjoyable, safe, and friendly. Experience the PDQ commitment and become an important part of our world-class, hometown team! PDQ demonstrates its commitment to our employees by:
- Providing an exceptional work environment that is clean and boasts an excellent safety record.
- Providing a competitive wage/salary.
- Providing extensive new hire orientation and training, including written work instructions and procedures for performing job tasks.
- Providing a formal method of performance feedback through annual performance review meetings.
- Providing paid time off, with the option to purchase additional vacation.
- Providing 8½ paid holidays annually.
- Providing paid funeral leave.
- Providing jury duty pay for employees summoned for jury duty.
- Providing condensed hours during May, June, July, and August and September. This allows the employee to work 40 hours in 4.5 days.
- Providing a comprehensive benefit package at affordable prices. Our benefits package includes: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Section 125 Flex Plan, Health Savings Accounts, 401(k) with company match and potential annual profit sharing amount split equally amongst all participants.
- Providing opportunities for advancement through established internal job posting procedures.
- Promoting continual learning through Employee Education Assistance program and training opportunities.
- Providing confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP) services at no cost to employees to deal with personal issues such as relationship counseling, depression, self-improvement, financial counseling, and any other issues that can affect employees.
- Providing a business casual work environment for office personnel, plus casual days two times per week.
- Both PDQ and Dover Corporation provide the opportunity for children of PDQ employees that are graduating high school seniors or currently enrolled in college to receive Student Scholarships to help fund their higher education.
- We have a partnership with PCM Credit Union to offer banking benefits and home and auto discounts through Liberty Mutual.
- Free Carwashes!!
- COMMUNICATING, Communicating, and communicating:
- We hold company-wide All-Employee Meetings on a monthly basis, where the President provides a "state of the business" update, communicates upcoming company activities, and any other business-related information. We offer a "Q&A" opportunity at the end of each meeting to field employee questions or concerns in an open forum.
- "Lunch with the President" is designed for employees to have an opportunity to express any thoughts or concerns with the President of PDQ in a small group atmosphere while enjoying lunch on PDQ.
- We work on an open door policy - a supervisors door is always open to an employee. We find that this is usually the most effective way to deal with a problem and it ensures employee's questions or concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- We write and distribute a bimonthly newsletter to employees to ensure timely communication of information between two facilities and our outside sales force. We use this to celebrate promotions, recognize birthdays and anniversaries, acknowledge significant accomplishments, as well as entertain and educate employees on a wide variety of topics.
PDQ In The News
De Pere, WI – November 15, 2013 – PDQ Manufacturing, Inc., an industry-leading manufacturer of in-bay automatic vehicle wash systems, is proud to announce Tony Smith has joined the company as Vice President of Sales – Auto Dealer Sector. In this role, Smith will be responsible for growing sales efforts in the automotive dealer market. He will report to Gerry Hanrahan, Senior Vice President of Sales for PDQ.
With almost 20 years of experience in account development, sales management, marketing, and customer relationships focused specifically in the automotive dealer market, Smith brings a solid background to PDQ. Prior to joining PDQ, Smith was responsible for development of Sales and Marketing strategy for all OEM dealership equipment throughout the United States for Snap-on Equipment in Conway, AR.
In 2012, PDQ launched the LaserWash AutoXpress, an affordable wash system designed specifically for automotive dealers. The LaserWash AutoXpress features advanced touch-free wash technology that delivers a quick, superior clean with the ability to wash up to 23 vehicles an hour, even the largest SUVs and trucks, including duallys.
"I am very excited to add Tony to the PDQ team. With his comprehensive knowledge of the auto dealer sector, Tony will complement our already strong sales team," said Hanrahan. "This will help strengthen our efforts to maximize sales in the automotive industry."
Smith's previous work experience includes SPX Corporation and Snap-on Equipment, among others. Smith holds a Bachelor's Degree from Baker College in Auburn Hills, MI, where he majored in Business Administration.
For more information about PDQ Manufacturing, please visit www.pdqinc.com.
De Pere, WI – August 16, 2013 – PDQ Manufacturing, Inc., an industry-leading manufacturer of in-bay automatic vehicle wash systems, is proud to announce that for the fourth consecutive year it has made a charitable donation to the Service League of Green Bay's Back-To-School Store program. The Service League of Green Bay is a charitable organization that aims to meet the physical, educational and emotional needs of the children of Brown County by providing volunteer hours and financial support.
Each year, the Back-To-School Store program, which was founded in 1993 and is celebrating its 20th anniversary this summer, provides more than 1,500 elementary-school children in grades K-5 in Brown County with the tools to succeed in the classroom. Each child receives a backpack full of various school items and clothing, including:
- A pair of jeans
- A brand-new shirt
- Athletic shoes
- One package of underwear
- One package of socks
- A backpack
- Essential school supplies
- Storybook of their choice
- Dental screening
- Vision screening
Additionally, this year the Back-To-School Store program is donating 1,500 backpacks filled with school supplies to local agencies that will distribute them to area students in grades 6-8.
In 2010, PDQ created a new charitable-donation policy for its employees. This policy allocates money to each employee with those funds able to be disbursed to charities on their behalf. As part of that policy, PDQ makes periodic donations to local charitable organizations, such as the Service League of Green Bay's Back-To-School Store program.
De Pere, WI (May 31, 2013) – PDQ Manufacturing, Inc., an industry-leading manufacturer of in-bay automatic vehicle wash systems, is proud to announce that its LaserWash® 360 In-Bay Automatic Vehicle Wash System was selected as a "Product of the Year 2013" in the category Group III: Equipment Services Related at the recent 2013 International Petrol Station Trade Fair. The event was held from May 8-10 at the Warsaw International Expocenter in Warsaw, Poland.
The Product of the Year competition is aimed at highlighting the leading products and services that are presented during the Petrol Station Trade Fair, all, of which must have certifications and permits for use in Poland. The judging was done by a committee that had been appointed by the Polish Chamber of Liquid Fuels. The committee was comprised of industry experts from the oil sector, civil servants and representatives of potential users of the products. When selecting the honorees, the judging committee took into account the level of modernity of the product technologies, their utilitarian and aesthetic qualities, and the overall novelty of the solution or system.
PDQ's innovative LaserWash 360 vehicle-wash system fit the contest parameters because it has been designed to deliver significantly faster wash times that help maximize revenue-generating vehicle throughput opportunities. The LaserWash 360 also has unlimited wash-package configurations and multiple service offerings that give customers a full array of wash choices. The LaserWash 360 has also been designed to optimize operator costs by minimizing water requirements, reducing electrical consumption and lowering chemical usage. In April, PDQ announced the latest upgrade to the LaserWash 360 system, the LaserGlow Illumination Effect System, which has been specifically designed to improve customer flow by illuminating wash bays, day or night, while helping safely guide customers through the vehicle entry process.
De Pere, WI (May 31, 2013) – PDQ Manufacturing, Inc., an industry-leading manufacturer of in-bay automatic vehicle wash systems, is pleased to announce the appointment of C K Enterprises, Inc., as a new distributor of all PDQ vehicle-wash product lines for the markets of Eastern Kansas and Western Missouri. Headquartered in Lee's Summit, MO, C K Enterprises has been manufacturing chemical products and supplying wash equipment for the car-care industry since its founding in 1981.
Charles Kunkel, President of C K Enterprises, said of the appointment: "We are very excited to have the opportunity to represent PDQ, the top line of in-bay automatic car washes. At C K Enterprises, our motto is 'C K Services Satisfies,' and this new partnership with PDQ will help satisfy our car wash customers' needs. We look forward to a long and mutually-beneficial relationship!"
From its 80,000-square-foot manufacturing facility, C K Enterprises produces more than 700 chemical products. In its liquid-chemical department, C K Enterprises utilizes nine blending tanks with a capacity of 3,000 gallons each. This allows the company to blend approximately 68,000 gallons of product per week, with the ability to fill containers ranging in size from 16 ounces to 330 gallons, along with filling tanker trucks for product shipment. As a supplier of PDQ vehicle-wash equipment, C K Enterprises will work directly with its customer base to design wash systems that meet their specific needs.
"We are extremely pleased to be able to form a new partnership with C K Enterprises in the key territory of Eastern Kansas and Western Missouri," said Gerry Hanrahan, Senior Vice President of Sales for PDQ. "For more than 30 years, C K Enterprises had identified and answered the needs of the car-care industry in this region and we are confident that the combination of their expertise in the area, along with the quality and proven performance of PDQ vehicle-wash systems, will lead to a fruitful long-term relationship between our companies."
De Pere, WI (April 1, 2013) – PDQ Manufacturing, Inc., an industry-leading manufacturer of in-bay automatic vehicle wash systems, is pleased to announce that its LaserWash® 360 In-Bay Automatic Vehicle Wash System is now available with the LaserGlow Illumination Effect System. Developed as a highly effective marketing tool to draw more attention to a wash site, the LaserGlow system is available on new equipment or can be retrofitted to any existing LaserWash® 360 system.
PDQ's new LaserGlow system has been specifically designed to improve customer flow by illuminating wash bays, day or night, while helping guide customers through the vehicle entry process. It can be programmed to display multiple color combinations of flashing patterns, or constant colored illumination to match a brand image. Additional features and benefits of the new LaserGlow system include:
- Assists in the customer-loading process
- Strategically located bright multi-colored LED lights
- Reinforces brand image and colors
- Customizable software to personalize the LaserGlow system
- Translucent front bridge cover and decal
- Easy to install
For more information, please visit the LaserWash 360 vehicle wash system page.
De Pere, WI (November 16, 2012) – PDQ Manufacturing, Inc., an industry-leading manufacturer of in-bay automatic vehicle wash systems and the host of the car wash industry's first-ever live Internet product launch, has found another innovative way to bring the company's message to the masses with the launch of its ProTouch® ICON Road Show Trailer. The trailer will travel the country and make appearances at PDQ distributor facilities, selected trade shows, and most importantly at customer locations, offering on-site demonstrations of the new ProTouch® ICON Friction Car Wash System to existing and potential PDQ customers.
"We're always looking for different ways to introduce our products to the market, and since we have a new exciting option for a friction wash, we knew we needed something different to take out to customer sites and also to get our channel partners online," explained Ken Dollhopf, PDQ's Vice President of Marketing and New Business Development. "In a lot of ways we can do more with the Road Show Trailer than we can at a trade show. It gets our sales force involved and gives us a true one-on-one connection with the customer."
The focal point of the Road Show Trailer is an actual, full-size ProTouch ICON three-brush gantry. Fully operational, the gantry runs through a complete wash cycle (minus the water), complete with a voiceover that explains the wash process, and accompanied by flashing lights and futuristic music. The front portion of the trailer is a mock-up of a typical car wash equipment room so the visitor can observe the system's various components. The rear of the trailer is designed as an office, complete with Internet access that allows visitors to view, in real-time, the wash's performance characteristics and operational status. The office computer also allows PDQ personnel or a distributor to provide additional information about the ProTouch ICON or any other PDQ wash, dryer and entry system to the visitor, offering a full service mobile sales tool sure to impress everyone.
The innovative three-brush gantry system on the ProTouch® ICON offers superior aesthetics and an array of revenue-generating features, such as Gen 5 Intelligent Brush Control, ProGlow Illumination Effect System, ProFlow Pressurized Fluid System, Wheel Cleaning System and SwingAir® Oscillating Dryer System. Additionally, the ProTouch ICON features the industry's largest wash envelope, which makes vehicle positioning easy. For wash operators, it offers an advanced wash-control system that uses a Web browser interface to allow Internet access to all key equipment functions without the need for special software.
The Road Show Trailer's inaugural trip occurred in late October with a swing through North Dakota and Minnesota, including a stop at the North Dakota Petroleum Marketers Association's Convention and Trade Show. It is scheduled to work its way through Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia through the end of the year, and then hit key target markets in Florida in January and February 2013.
Dover Corporation is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues of over $8 billion. For over 50 years, Dover has been delivering outstanding products and services that reflect its market leadership and commitment to operational and technical excellence. The Company's entrepreneurial business model encourages, promotes and fosters deep customer engagement which has led to Dover's well-established and valued reputation for providing superior customer service and industry-leading product innovation. Dover focuses on innovative equipment and components, specialty systems and support services through its four major operating segments: Communication Technologies, Energy, Engineered Systems and Printing & Identification.
Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover employs 35,000 people worldwide. Dover Corporation is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV". For more information on Dover Corporation, visit their website at www.dovercorporation.com.